Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ingoodcompany.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

May 16, 2008

STARTING MY SUMMER READING BOOK LIST

I love to read. Well, I love to read non-fiction. Fiction for me is harder – harder to get into, harder to relate to, and harder to finish. But I just can’t seem to have too many non-fiction books. Especially if those books relate to psychology, organizational development, business, entrepreneurship, women’s professional development, etc. I know, it sounds riveting, but it is what I like.

Anyhow, last Thursday, when I was given three book recommendations (completely unprompted) by interesting smart women, I paid attention! These suggestions prompted me to start my summer reading book list.

So, the first three on my list are:

Bitch in the House:26 Women Tell the Truth About Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood, and Marriage, by Cathi Hanauer.

Recommended by Jessica Shambora

**Supposedly very funny and entertaining, and I just love compilations - 26 professional writers collaborated on this one! This book also has a dedicated
website with lots of good info on it.


Basic Black:The Essential Guide for Getting Ahead at Work (and in Life), by Cathie Black. Recommended by Meredith Barnett, of Store Adore.

**Considering that Cathie Black is the president of Hearst Magazines & one of the first women to take a major role in American newspaper and magazine publishing, she probably knows what it takes!







You’re Wearing That?:Understanding Mothers and Daughter in Conversation, by Deborah Tannen. Also recommended by Jessica Shambora
**This book doesn't need its subtitle. Any woman who hears the title knows what it is about. Tannen is a best-selling author & renowned Georgetown professor who studies human interaction through conversation.




Happy Reading to me! Ill let you know my thoughts and add other books as they get added to the list!

No comments: