Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ingoodcompany.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

March 23, 2009

Lemons to Lemonade

I was thrilled to get this email from DailyCandy this morning (the Philadelphia edition - for those that don't know, that is where I live). It seems that a new initiative is allowing artists to use abandoned retail space on popular South Street (only a few blocks from me) instead of letting the space go empty. The artists don't need to pay rent, just cover utilities, and make the space their own.


Not only I am personally excited (since I will get to peruse these spaces) but I am also impressed with this creative solution to a community problem.


With a little more digging, I learned that the initiative is being arranged by the south street business district. I also found a list of other donors and soon-to-come galleries.


I am excited to see all the change and innovation that results from the chaos of this last year. In this case, repurpose seems to be the name of the game!


posted by Adelaide

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was also thrilled to see that DailyCandy post as well. South St. is in dire need of a community makeover! I hope to see more gallery spaces and less convenience stores.