Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ingoodcompany.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

December 4, 2009

Taking Stock, Giving Thanks
























(card by Linda & Harriet)


With Thanksgiving behind us and the holidays rapidly approaching, I always find myself reflecting on the past year and thinking about the year ahead. This year, I have been giving a lot of thought to the idea of gratitude, being gracious and giving thanks. All interconnected ideas, of course.

When I think about the business we have created and the work that I do, I feel incredible grateful that I get to interact and surround myself with so many dynamic, smart and sophisticated women. Our community is one that I constantly learn from. Lessons learned have involved how to shape our business, how to conduct business and even choices about parenting and my overall lifestyle.

My work is filled with opportunities to be inspired by women who believe in themselves and their business. While they may feel discouraged at moments and experience growing pains in their business, they always plow forward and continue to pave the road ahead. And the fact that they come to IGC to be a part of a community where they can learn, share and grow with other like minded business owners is something not to be taken lightly. I feel incredibly grateful for our community.

On a personal level, as the mother of two daughters, I feel proud to be a part of a business where my daughters can be inspired by so many remarkable women. I love demonstrating the idea that having your own business is an equally accessible career path as being a teacher or a nurse may have been for women in the past.

And on a professional level, I feel incredibly grateful to have a business partner who helps me be a better business owner and entrepreneur. Together we get the thrilling opportunity to tap our creativity, take chances, innovate and celebrate success.

These are the things that I am grateful for and give thanks. And for the coming year, I look forward to honing my gratitude skills throughout the year, as opposed to just the end of the year!

While I know as business owners, we are always trying to improve our business, land our next client or finally cross of everything on our to-do list. Sometimes it is great to just take a moment to realize how lucky we are, how much we appreciate those we work with (in the form of colleagues, clients and supporters) and how grateful we are to be able to get to create work that works for us.


posted by Amy Abrams

No comments: